February #give10 roundup ::
With all the excitement of marking the one year anniversary of #give10, we forgot to post the round up of all the world changing causes we gave 10$ to in February.
February was a flurry. Having only 29 days left on the giving calendar made it challenging to decide which causes would make the cut for year one. I was also on the road in the South Pacific for most of these days, making it even more exciting to mix up the final year choices with giving off the grid.
When I started this project many people asked how I would possibly find 366 projects to give to. Truth is, there’s more than enough projects out there to pick from. I’ve got a long list I haven’t given to yet to roll over into year two. And after we posted Molly’s story, a few more of you amazing people signed up to try out #give10 for yourselves. Every day there are new people digging up new causes in their own neighborhoods and around that globe that I hadn’t even thought about! (Be sure you’re following #give10 in your choice of social networks and cheer on our new do-gooders).
For now, here’s the February list. We’re almost done with our #take10 anniversary break and we’ll be sharing the #give10 year 2 plan very soon. Don’t miss it.
- Mama Hope
- Childrens Hospital of Alabama
- ToGetHer there, Girl Scouts
- Iris the Dragon
- Tirzah International
- RISC Cambodia
- Keep Your Neighbor Warm Fuel Assistance
- Bike out hunger
- CURE Childhood Cancer
- Diaper Love
- Project I see you
- Purposeful Youth Azerbaijan
- Big City Mountaineers
- Virgin Atlantic Change for Children
- CRS– Catholic Relief Services
- Magpas (to sponsor a kid sleeping in his hammock for a year in honor of his sister)
- Open Education Vanuatu
- Barrels of Hope
- Got Passport
- Small World Cambodia
- We Women
- Kid’s Peace
- One Girl
- Sole Hope
- CBM (I had to give through their US site, but learned about them through their work in Australia)
- ADRA for their projects in the Solomon Islands
- Children’s Miracle Network (for IHOP’s National Pancake Day in the US)
- Urban Light
Who’d we miss? We might be done with the daily giving for right now, but there’s going to be lots more giving in the future. If we haven’t supported your favorite cause yet, we want to know about them!